Sunday, September 22, 2013

Letter 2/4/45

Happy weekend everyone!

Please, can someone, somewhere, invent a 4 day weekend?  Week ends are wonderful, but they seem to pass us by so quickly!  One minute it's Friday night, and the next we're trying to figure out what we're wearing to work on Monday.  Give us more weekends!

I skipped updating yesterday because I was out enjoying my last day of summer, and the wonderful weather.  Today, then, has become catch up/laundry/dishes day, so I'm also updating everyone on here too while the dryer rumbles on the other side of the wall.  It's an exciting day, haha!

We're officially into February 1945 with our letters, and we're starting to really see some movement going on in my pop's letters.  I've been researching exactly where he was during all of this, and later this week I hope to give you an awesome play-by-play on what was going on while he's writing these letters.

For now, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and the next letter in the series.  

E


Mr. A Kumasaka
287 Main St.
Keansburg, N.J.
U.S.A.

T/5 A. Kumasaka
ASN 32609377
Hq Btry 863 FA Bn
APO 410 c/o P.M.
New York, N.Y.

4 Feb 45

Hello Folks,

     Just a few lines to let you know that I'm O.K., since I haven't written to you in a few days.  The reason I haven't written, of course, was because I have changed my station, and am now at the front.  We are attached to the Seventh Army and are located in the Alsatian Sector.
    At present, I'm stationed comfortably in a house, enjoying a heated room which I didn't have even back in the states.  It is so different from the pup tents we had back at Marseilles, that it hardly seems possible that we are closer to the conditions of combat.  The food is good, and we get two full meals a day; so I've nothing much to complain about, except that I could use a shower.
     Hope everything is O.K. at home, I received a letter from Catherine today, dated the 30 of Dec.  So long for now, will write as often as often as possible at present, the weather is mild; it's raining outside.

Love,
Archie

No comments:

Post a Comment